4.09.2010

Oh, Peter.


Because of my previous short hair, my friends used to call me Peter (as in Peter Pan), and I've been missing "Peter" lately. And while I decided one day (about 7 months ago) that I would try to grow out my hair, I'm reaching my breaking point... I want my short hair back!!! However, I'm trying to make it until I can at least put it all up in a full ponytail, which has taken much longer than anticipated, and because it's been so long since I've had long hair, I don't think I fully prepared myself for all of the awkward/annoying/boring stages of regrowth. I usually catch myself staring at short hairstyles on the El... And then the owner of that hairstyle catches me looking longingly at them-- awkwardness ensues.

It's become more of a personal challenge now than actually wanting the longish hair... I just keep telling myself I don't have much more to go. And I figure that once I grow it out and have a ponytail for a good week or so, I'm sure it will be to the salon I go!


I've also discovered that I am easily bored when it comes to my hair, among other things, so now I'm looking to fun colors to ease my hair doldrums... This should be interesting.

Anyway, here are some photos that I love (they're also torturing me a bit)...

Jean Seberg


Jean Seberg (again)


Mia Farrow


Edie Sedgwick


Joan Jett


Keira Knightley in "Domino"



Mia Wasikowska ("Alice in Wonderland")

Credit: Google Images

No comments: